NO TESTS, NO FEES, NO LOANS, GET BACK INTO WORK NOW
Are you out of work due to Covid-19 and registered as a job seeker with Work and Income? Talk to us NOW about construction industry jobs and getting you in front of employers as quickly as possible. Help New Zealand kick-start our economy, plus give your family peace of mind with regular, solid income again. We’ve redesigned our programmes to suit different backgrounds.Sign up now
If you are a construction-industry worker with solid experience, we can fast track you back into work
If you have a solid work record and looking for a career change, we’ll assess your skills and jump start you into work
If you are entry-level or looking for further training, you will benefit from our three-week+ work-ready course
Our courses will rebuild your confidence and help you open doors. We give your CV a makeover and offer your services to big and small employers with jobs North Island-wide. We take you to interviews and we work with you to find jobs you enjoy that are close to where you live. Or we help you relocate to where the work is. Opportunities in:
- Road and subdivision construction
- Machinery operators
- Residential and commercial building
- Painting and plastering
- Plasterboard fixing
- Ceilings and internal fit-out
- Scaffolding and rigging
- Block and concrete laying
- Landscaping,decks and fencing
Our programmes vary from a few days to three or four weeks with new intakes every Monday. If you are already experienced, we will focus on interview techniques, a CV upgrade, finding and applying for jobs, and working on a career plan. If you are entry-level, we put you on the tools and show you the basics. Our sole focus is getting you into a full-time job ASAP.
Steps to take
- Fill out and “submit” our online Jobseekers form OR call our call centre 0800 KCDWORK (0800 523 9675) OR talk to your Work and Income case manager about attending a Kiwi Can Do course.
- A Kiwi Can Do staff member will call you and either do an online interview via Zoom or arrange to meet for a face-to-face interview. This is you chance to find out more about the courses, how we operate and the sort of jobs that are available.
- If accepted, you start the following Monday (places permitting) and we start the process of getting you work-ready and preparing you for job interviews.
- If you get offered a job while still on the course and have completed at least a week, you start work immediately.
- We have lodges in West Auckland and Lower Hutt where we offer accommodation during the working week. We pick you up on a Monday and drop you back home on Friday afternoons.
- If you live in the Auckland or Wellington cities, we pick you up in the mornings and drop you home again in the afternoons.
- Sometimes it can take a few weeks to land a job. We will continue researching jobs that suit your skill set, sending out your CV and following up seeking job interviews.
- You will become part of our Employer Day programmes where employers come to special lunch sessions and to spot interviews.
- But we expect you to also look for work and not rely solely on Kiwi Can Do. We’ll show you how to job search and submit your CV and ask for a job interview.
- Once you land a job we stay in touch with you and your new boss for six months, making contact at least two times a month. We can help you settle into work and attempt to work through issues that may arise at home or in the workplace.