TOP NOTCH TRADESMEN TO ENTRY LEVEL WORKERS WANTING JOBS IN CONSTRUCTION
There are now thousands of workers who are first-time beneficiaries, due to the massive impact of Covid-19 on the New Zealand economy.
Through no fault of their own, some top notch Tradies have lost their jobs and we can send you their CVs right now. We don’t charge recruitment fees PLUS we offer a 6 month in-work support. We are basically a free HR service courtesy of the Government. Kiwi Can Do is an Industry Partnerships Team provider responsible for helping job seeker beneficiaries get back into work.
Our experienced recruitment, placement and in-work support staff operate throughout most of the North Island. We look for jobs close to where our clients live, or we help them relocate to where the jobs are on offer. We have developed three categories of work-ready and keen Kiwis looking for jobs and available right now.
- Construction-industry workers with solid experience attending our Fast Track Into Work programme.
- Construction-industry workers with some previous experience or looking for a career change attending our Accelerated programme.
- Labourers, hammer hands or potential apprentices with basic work experience attending our Entry Level courses.
Drug tested. Positive attitude. Fit and motivated. Site Safe passports. Willing to listen and learn. References available. Steel caps and PPE already supplied.
Steps to take
- Fill out and “submit” our online Employers form OR call our call centre 0800 KCDWORK (0800 523 9675) and give our field staff a description of the job, the skills needed and the personality of the worker you are looking for.
- We are presently screening hundreds of Job Seekers every month and we have fresh talent starting with us every week.
- We will forward you a range of CVs of individuals who match your requirements.
- We will follow up with a phone call to ask whether you would like to interview these candidates or whether you would like additional CVs.
- We arrange (where possible) to bring candidates to you for interviews.
- Employment contracts must be full-time permanent positions (a minimum of 30 hours a week).
- We will advise other support that may be available from Work and Income or other agencies that you may qualify for (usually considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Where a candidate is successful, we arrange a start date, make sure they have a minimum of tools required to start and a reliable form of transport to get to work.
- Kiwi Can Do will make at least two contacts with an individual’s boss or supervisor (more if required) each month for six months to ensure the employment is long-term and sustainable or assist resolve barriers to work if these arise.